The oldest way to make leavened bread known to (wo)man.”
Ever wanted to make your own sourdough bread? Rhubarb Food Co-Op in Randwick is hosting its next inspiring workshop on Saturday 5 May – Sourdough Breadmaking!
What you will learn:
– How to make delicious sourdough bread at home with ease
– Different scenarios of how to bake sourdough bread in a home oven
– How to prepare the dough
– How to shape the bread
– How to look after the starter
– Some theory of sourdough baking
– You will take home some bread/dough that can be baked on the day or the next day at home.
We’ll also taste some home-baked sourdough bread together and will learn what makes for a perfect sourdough loaf. And, there will be heaps of breaks and time to ask questions…the more the better.
What to bring:
This is a hands on workshop! Bring yourself, a mixing bowl (with a plate as a cover), clothes that can handle a bit of flour on them…and if you have, a nice topping of your choosing for some bread tasting (2-3 different kinds of breads).
When: Sat 5 May, 9.30am-12.30pm
Where: Barrett House, 6 Barrett Place, Randwick
Cost: $20 Rhubarb members / $30 non-members
Rhubarb Food Co-Op Workshops are proudly supported by Randwick Council, which enables us to offer heavily subsidised workshops to the Randwick and surrounding communities. Enjoy!