minutes 2011-04-20

20th April 2011
Rhubarb Food Coop
8:00pm
Attending: Rose, Rebecca, Lia, Malcolm
Apologies: Sherri, Iona, Sandra, Irene, Frederic

Chair: Rebecca
TimeKeeper: Rosie
Secretary: Malcolm

item 1. minutes accepted without change

Correspondence:
Letter from Alison Lyssa.

Reports

Malcolm:
Malcolm corresponded with Alison Lyssa during the month. Alison is happy for us to keep her donation and expressed her gratitude for the work we have done to date.

Call for further Items
Malcolm would like to discuss David Shaw’s offer of a garage space in Kensington

Actions from previous month
Malcolm has obtained copies of all relevant legislation, in digital form, for use during meetings. The new projector/screen at Barrett House can be used to allow everyone at the meeting to consult the documents at the same time.

Building the Community

Lia has taken on the job of promoting the co-op in the community. She has started to publish news via FaceBook, put a new face on the web site and she would like to make further changes. Ideas such as a place for donations, a way to join online, and a lot more content.

Lia has started to develop a newsletter for monthly news. It looks great and will be a much more interesting read than the minutes!

Environmental Day – 5th June
Waverley Council will cover the cost of our stall. We are able to put anything onto the stall except hot food. This leaves the way open for all sorts of delicious foods. Seasonal fruits would be a good thing. Rebecca will contact the growers in Wiseman’s Ferry. Malcolm will contact the market sellers to see what will be in season at that time.  We will be offering membership discounts, of course.

Question: does this include hot drinks? It would great to have chai again.

Location, Location, Location
Rose spoke with Michael Mobbs about location. He suggested that we speak to Richard Wilson, Randwick Council. Rose spoke with Richard and with the property officers at both Randwick and Waverley. It appears as there is very little property available, however, we are going to proceed to put our request to the Mayors. We want to raise awareness of our needs. If it is possible to get the Mayors’ attention they may be able to make it happen.

Rose also spoke with several churches as they have properties in the area. We hope to have discussions with them shortly. Again, we want to raise their awareness, the more eyes and ears that are open the better.

David Shaw reminded us that he offered a large garage space last September. Malcolm will call him.

There was also a space in Alexandria, in Riordan St and we need to look at that again.

An aspect in all of this is that we want Rhubarb to start as a fully-fledged shop.

Finance
We have created a bank account especially for donations. This will allow us to keep the money streams separate.

Directors
Motion: Rebecca has asked Iona to stand aside from her role as a director.
Malcolm is concerned that communication among the directors has broken down. He asked that he have the opportunity to speak with Iona first.
Motion: Malcolm to speak with Iona and ask her to stand aside. Failing that, a special meeting to be called for the Directors to vote on the issue.
Seconded: Rose
Approved unanimously.

Actions:
Malcolm: what are costs for paypal, 3rd party merchant costs. Contact Markets, what is in season. Call David Shaw.
Rosie: To continue exploring the world of churches. This involves a letter to mayors, malcolm to assist.
Rosie: To clarify Rhubarb’s vision, re startup, in response to recent emails about location

Meeting Closed
9:50pm